Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Feb 13, 2010 FIRST POST EVER

This is my 1st blog and my 1st entry, Ill tell you a little about myself, 1st off, I am not a great writer, lol I am just not, so im sorry right off the bat. I wanted to write a blog about living frugal from my point of view, I am a 40 year old single guy, living in Florida (for now) no kids and 5 dogs. I read alot of frugal blogs out there ( by mostly woman) and really enjoy them,

I noticed alot of frugal chicks out there have kids, are really into the bible, are food snobs and wont eat processed foods, 1 blog I read the girl has done a great job saving alot of money and only works part time, but her parents gave her a house so she has no rent or mortgage, well, I could save a ton if I didnt have rent. lol YES, I am jealous of her.

I am not a food snob, I dont read the bible and I have no kids, (not that there is anything wrong with any of those) My point of view may be a bit different from alot of the frugal bloggers out there.

I will be posting on my day to day life living as frugal as I can, I will make mistakes and my ways are not always best for everyone, feel free to comment, I will not delete comments, if they are negitive, or rude, or I offend you, tell me, I will still keep them, I am not just looking for soft fluffy comments, (although those are great to) if I piss you off, feel free to tell me, I am a realist and I like to be told the truth.

A little bit about how I live....

I dont have a cell phone, (never have)
I LOVE cable tv, so Im keeping my DVR box, get over it, lol
I dont have kids, this is a HUGE way to live frugal. lol
I have a 2000 car. no car payments.
I try to see how many "no spend days" I can have each month, Its harder than you think.
I am a hard core couponer, thats right, a dude couponer. I find the deals, and stock up!
I am not much into "stuff" I dont have alot of clutter and dont find the need to buy any junk.
I use the jar method to save for things I need or want. (more on this later).
I pick "time" over "money" (more on that later)
I love to learn from others.



Lets have some fun.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I'll enjoy following your frugal adventures...having 5 small dogs can't be very frugal, but to each his own, eh?

    And by the way, not having kids is indeed VERY frugal...although I wouldn't trade mine for all the money in the world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. It can be a very cathartic experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging!! We can all learn from each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging, great post. The more different point of views the better, I think. It would be very boring if we were all the same.

    ReplyDelete